Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Disk Defragment in Windows 7 - Tech Tuesday



Hey all! I am sure you all are doing great! :)

I know I have shared disk-defragmenting tips about Windows XP earlier, and the procedure is just the same for Win7 also, but still, I thought to post this one, since there are certain people who get confused by reading the phrase, "defragmenting in XP". Keeping in mind such cases, I thought to share this again. I won;t share check-disk/scanning partition in Windows7(one as the same thing), since they are also same as in XP.

Further, there is just a slight difference in disk defragment and partition scanning in WinXP and Win7. The difference being, these tools are more powerful in Win7. Win7 does a lot of passes in defragmenting process bringing down the fragmentation percentage drastically as compared to that done by XP. Similarly, in case of Scanning, the tool is more powerful and is able to check and solve more issues and that too more effectively as compared to that of XP.

I hope the post helps. Thank you for reading.

STEPS:







Links to earlier posts on Defragmentation and Scanning:

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the information you give, this is very helpful to me.

    I am respectfully,
    Auto Girl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful website you have here but I was curious if you knew of any user discussion forums that cover the same topics talked about in this article? I’d really love to be a part of community where I can get responses from other knowledgeable individuals that share the same interest. If you have any recommendations, please let me know. Thanks a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks a lot for your visit! :) Hope to see you soon again! :D

    ReplyDelete

Kindly keep the comments clean and make quality comments that would be worthy in making this blog better! :)