Thursday, May 16, 2013

Some nice quotes, and what I think about them to mean - My Take - Intellectual Thursday

Hey all my dear readers! Noticed some changes to my blog? Well they are little ones to be seen broadly but it took me 4 days of super maintenance of my blog to make it look good, clean it off crap, etc. Amnyways, Welcome to my blog on this nice Intellectual Thursday Evening! :)



Actually I had a few posts in my mind, but first I needed to make my blog a little better, so was busy with maintenance in last few days. Removed a lot of redundant codes, scripts, and links. Though still I need to do a lot of work to optimize it, but well tomorrow start the final practical exams for this semester, so I won't get much time then :/ Though I will try to be here now and then, and when I will get time, I might schedule a couple of posts too. Anyways, let's get to the topic, right? :D



Recently, I joined a free SMS sending website, so started to send some nice quotes to all my friends whose numbers I have. Then, I thought to share the good ones I found with all my dear blog readers too :) Then after a little more thought about this idea, I thought to attach a short meaning of these quotes, this meaning is what I perceive the quote's meaning, which may or may not comply with everyone's mindset. So I guess that's ample amount of Disclaimers, Forewards, Prefaces, etc. etc. etc.!! Let's get to work! :D

  1. "In Life, Failure is not the real end, but it can be the real beginning of success"


    My Take: This one can be understood as an alias of the famous quote Failure is the Stepping stone to success. One should not consider failure to be final or dead end of the road to their goal, but should take charge to find out what went wrong and be even more determined to be successful in the next try!
  2. "Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage" - Anais Nin


    My Take: For this quote I'd say, er, yeah! I recall the one my English teacher at school used to use - Sky is the limit. You are not limited by the circumstances or destiny of life, rather your limits are your own courage. If you think you can do something without thinking about the success or failure, and give your best try, then even if you might not succeed, but you'll not be discouraged with the outcome. You can see ample amount of opportunities around you, but to see them you need the eyes which need you to be courageous and determined to try!
  3. "There is no feeling, perhaps, except the extremes of fear and grief, that does not find relief in music" - George Eliot


    My Take: Don't tell me you don't know about the famous Silas Marner written by George Eliot! Anyways, the quote is quite true. We all listen to music and what we hear at a particular point of time is more dependent on our mood than on the likes/dislikes. Certain songs/music might not suite your taste most of the times, but when you are in that kind of mood(which is in flavour with that of the song), you might find the best song you heard. Music soothes and relaxes our mind. At times it gives us a means of escape from the world. Songs and music can mimic any emotion!
  4. "The secret of your future is hidden in your daily routine" - Mike Murdock


    My Take: Our daily routines have a lasting impact on our life. What we do daily has a effect on us. A habit can be good or bad. Bad habits tend to be destructive while the good habits in some way or the other find a place in our personal development. A person with a healthy routine has a better probability of being healthy in old age than the one with an unhealthy one. Next, a person who tends to work hard, and be consistent with his efforts, is bound to be successful. Thus your daily routine does have an impact. You can relate this quote to another thing as I described, that what you do constantly, you become skilled in that and thus succeed in that direction.
  5. "Keep your face always towards Sunshine and shadows will fall behind you" - Walt Whitman


    My Take: This one is easy, right? Simple enough, if you look at the brighter sides of the things rather than concentrating on the bad ones, life would be much more simpler and happier. The sunshine is metaphoric of 'good things' and shadows of the bad ones. Thus, if you are optimistic, you can find happiness in everything! :)
  6. "Joy is not in things, it is in us" - Richard Wagner


    My Take: This one is simple too! :D It means that joy is not attached to the materialistic things of the world like money or property, it is in yourself. The joy, the happiness is hidden inside you. You need to find it out. Rather than being crazily running behind the things to give you happiness, try to find satisfaction in what you have and then the world is afterall a nice place and thus enjoy the gift of god! :)
  7. "When you have learned to laugh at the things that should be laughed at, and not to laugh at those that shouldn't, you've got wisdom and understanding" - Lucy Maud Montgomery


    My Take: This one is already quite elaborate for me to explain, but still let's start :D It simply means one should not laugh at others and try to be serious in life. Never make fun of anybody's situation, you never know when karma might strike you back! Next, if you'll "learn to laugh at things you should", which means if you'll learn to enjoy things and smile life will become good. Not laughing at others and being happy in every situation is the real trait of a wise human.
  8. "He will win who know when to fight and when not to" - Sun Tzu




    My Take: This one is a very amazing quote. One should learn to control their temper. When we are angry, we heedlessly speak anything, which might land us in trouble later on. If we better stay calm, and know when to speak it would be a nice option. If you would fight with everyone, you won't be able to find peace. If you won't fight even when you are suppressed, or oppressed, you won't be able to find happiness either! So analyze the situation, and take the actions accordingly.
  9. "People often say that motivation doesn't last. Well. neither does bathing - that's why we recommend it daily" - Zig Ziglar




    My Take: Constant motivation can transform perhaps any individual! In dearth of motivation, a person might start failing. It is thus better, to self motivate yourself. Keep telling yourself that you can do it and don't give up until you succeed. With this mantra, neither there would be a dearth of motivation, nor you'll feel a need of somebody(else than your own self!) to motivate you.

I hope you all like these quotes and find my takes valuable. Would love to have your comments and suggestions as always! :) See you soon again. Take care everyone! :)



2 comments:

  1. Very Nice Post.it's vey nice blog and this is very useful for me thanks. I use to do online shopping india as its time saving.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the complement at the beginning. But your online shopping habit has nothing to do with this post :/ I hope relevant comments on relevant posts are there.

      Delete

Kindly keep the comments clean and make quality comments that would be worthy in making this blog better! :)